Thursday, September 29, 2011

Three little different stories

Given that we are always busy doing so many things at the same time - we do not update our blog or FB page with what goes on in and around MDDB. Herewith three different stories that had come our way the last month or so.


Just over a month ago we received a frantic call from a young lady saying she saw a dog sitting on a divider along the busy Federal Highway stretch near Angkasapuri. We asked her if she could rescue the dog and hand it over to us the next morning given that it was already late. She agreed but when she took the dog home, her mother refused to allow it in and the girl walked out of the house and drove around before calling us. We frantically looked for someone who could go and take the dog from her. While we were doing this she parked her car and took the dog out and waited for our call. It was almost midnight by then and while she was waiting, three guys walked past her and gestured threateningly at the dog. The petrified dog rushed into some nearby bushes and the girl gave chase. She then called us and burst into tears as she narrated what had just happened. She hung-up and said she would go in search for the dog - but could not find it anywhere. Instead, she stumbled upon a mother dog and a single puppy hidden away under some undergrowth. She took both mother and pup and handed them over to our contact Naga. She never called back after that and if she is reading this MDDB would like to thank her from the bottom of our heart. What she did was a true show compassion - and we wish her all the best and pray that she will be blessed manifold for her selfless act. The dog is at our half-way home now and it gave birth to five more puppies at Naga's house. Unfortunately the first puppy that was in the bushes with her died a day after the rescue.

Giving birth at Naga's house

The mother with her first puppy which unfortunately died
With the rest of her brood


Back to being a pet again

3) One night last month Darren from Puchong called to say that he had spotted a dog that looked like a lost pet at some food stalls. He said the dog also had a wound on its head. Since it was already late, Darren said he would keep the dog for the night and hand it over to us the next day. When we called the following day, Darren said that there was a veterinary clinic nearby and that he would take the dog there. We felt it was a good idea as the dog could also be neutered there. He made all the necessary arrangements and after the dog had be neutered and healed of its head wound - it was put up for adoption and is now back to being a pet again. Thank you Darran for going the extra mile.
When found by Darren


3) A guy posted this message on our FB wall:
"Last call. If there's no 1 wanna adopt this puppy, I will drop her at SPCA. They said may 'put her down' if too packed. I'm sorry but I really can't take care of her already."
We told him to bring her to our adoption drive which he did. He told us he had saved the dog from imminent death but could not care for it anymore as he was going to travel. Half-way through the adoption drive he said had somewhere to go and so we told him to take the dog and admit it to one of our panel clinics as we wanted her to be neutered and vaccinated. We also told him to make a small contribution at the clinic which he said he would do. Later in the day when we called the clinic, we were told the dog was not sent there. When we contacted him he said he had handed the dog over to his friend and she had taken it to PAWS. Our Myers went to PAWS and true enough the dog was there and we found out that it was the guy himself who had taken her there. We removed her from there, neutered and managed to get her adopted.

With members of her new family

Picture posted by her 'previous owner'

No comments: